October 27, 2008

Most Loved Old Apple Tree - Without Pesticides


One day I have entered the garden of a friend and saw that apple tree. I stood up, my jaw dropped and looked at it breathless...

That is the most beautiful apple tree I ever saw - the very first words, that slipped out of my mouth were "Owww..... you love it, right? This is the most loved apple tree I saw".

"I truly love it" - my friend said - "It is very old, sometimes I talk to her and cheer her up".

There is no chemicals applied. Abundance of fruits makes family and all friends happy.
Sometimes there are worms in the apples, but that is life - we need to share things we have, right?

It was planted by my friends father and until today it is pruned every year. Under the tree, you can see periwinkle growing, accompanied with yellow tulips in the spring.

I will always think of it as Most Loved Apple Tree.

Organic insect repellent Pure Neem Seed Oil - quart

18 comments:

LeLo said...

That is a beautiful old apple tree. They have such personalities, don't they?

krystyna said...

Really a beautiful ald apple tree.
The best!
I am a big lover of apples and of course of apple tree.
Thank you ... I love this post!

Have a wonderful day, Ewa!

krystyna said...

This is a great "old" apple tree.

Robin's Nesting Place said...

It really is a beautiful apple tree. It looks like a prolific performer; it is loaded with apples!

Katarina said...

I agree with you, Ewa - that apple tree is gorgeous!
Katarina

Webradio said...

Nice photo with this apple tree...
I love the nature...

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Quite a beautiful lady. You are lucky to know her.

garden girl said...

Beautiful apple tree Ewa. I visited my mom a couple of weeks ago, and brought home organic apples from her trees. They are so delicious, so much better than the ones at the stores.

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely and fruitful old tree. Your friend is lucky to be its caretaker.

Gail said...

It is a beautiful apple tree Ewa! The apples probably smell delicious right now.

gail

Lori ann said...

I'm glad that no chemicals were used on this tree. And it looks so much happier for it! glad to hear Atomic is better.
xx

Mireille said...

This apple tree is really superb and you are lucky to have so much beautiful red apples!!!

Millie said...

Talk about growing old graciously -thank you for sharing these wonderful images.
Millie ^_^

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

This is a most beautiful apple tree. It is better to have a few apples with worms than all apples poisoned.

Bramblemoon Farm said...

This IS a beautiful apple tree, and I love knowing it grows chemical free. I've been wanting to plant one or two apple trees but didn't wanted to do organically, so I'm inspired! Thank you for sharing it:)

Anonymous said...

I think a tree almost develops a personality as it gets older - something to do with looking more gnarled and individual I think.

CIELO said...

I agree, Ewa! That is such an amazing looking apple tree! I cannot begin to express the lovely feelings I get when I contemplate nature or when I see a picture that has anything nature in it... and I thank YOU because that's the feeling I get every time I visit your lovely nature blog....

A hug to you, and joy and much laughter...

cielo

Barbara said...

I see/imagine this apple tree full of blooms in Springtime ! Wow !
I hope Atomik is getting better every day!
Have a nice Sunday!
Barbara

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS