March 14, 2010

Winter picture in march - mom was right...

In January she said "we will see snow in mid March" - when I've heard it I really really had hope that she is not right. Mid March? Hell! There should be already some flowers arrived in the garden. But NO... no...
See the picture? I took it 5 minutes ago - if you pay little more attention and take a closer look, there is one clear sign that it was taken in the spring: color shades are different.
Look, the brown parts of the trees and shrubs are not so dark like usually in the winter - its color is more brownish warm. Green of evergreens is also more warm - can you see it too?

8 comments:

Randi said...

Yes, I can see different! It´s snowing now here, but I try to ignore it...
Have a great day!
/Randi

Chrissie said...

Hello Ewa, there is definitely a change in colour :-) You will soon be sitting in on garden bench.

vicki archer said...

We had snow here in France last week too Ewa. I arrived back from Milan yesterday and there is still snow in the shady parts of the farm...meanwhile my tulips are really shooting! xv

Carole said...

Oh my goodness. Do you know if there is still snow in Krakow as well ? We're leaving on the 29th ! We still have snow here, so it won't be a big difference. And as you said, there should be flowers by now !! I already had some crocus and my hellebores were ready to bloom. Now they're buried again... but next week should be with higher temperatures I heard. At last !! I miss my garden !!

Darla said...

I was just looking at the weeks forecast here and thinking okay are we gonna have one last cold snap before old man winter finally gives up? You got yours huh? Moms are generally right ..I can see some green under that snow..

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Hello Ewa : )
YES .. I am sure our winter isn't through with us either .. I remember when we had such cold and snow in April too !
Hope that doesn't happen .. yikes !
But yes .. the browns and greens look pretty : )
Joy

Anonymous said...

Difficult to see the different shades on a picture (depends on the screen etc.), but you're absolutely right.
The twigs of several trees and shrubs have different colors when spring is approaching: birches and willows, and poplars too, really change when spring is nearby.

nanci said...

Oh Ewa,I know it's so difficult to see that snow when you're wishing so hard for flowers! But you're right about the colors - it's not just shades of grey and black anymore!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS