May 20, 2011

Rather drought tolerant in my barrel


Last year I've planted strawberries in this barrel, but really they were not happy! This spot turned out to be too sunny and too hot for alpine strawberries. One month ago strawberries were replanted to more shady location. Barrel got new guest, which is Sedum spectabile Autumn joy - beautiful for most of the year and drought tolerant. I will not have to water it very often.
Having alpine strawberries in this barrel was brilliant idea - I am modest enough, right? I wanted to have the chance to snap a strawberry "on the way". If I only have chosen less sunny location...
I think my precious strawberries will be more happy in a new place.

Have a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Looks wonderful Ewa!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS