June 5, 2008

Claude Monet Garden Fascination

Claude Monet's quotation: "My garden is my most beautiful masterpiece.+ I can only paint what I see.+ Everything I have earned has gone into these gardens". He loved irises, so we love them here at "Ewa in the Garden" as well. Most of them were the gift from my mom - she decided to enrich my empty garden with the flowers she loved - I didn't, at that time :) Everything around is changing, and we are changing as well.......... One year later I was fully in love with ALL irises growing in the other gardens......
The story of all irises I got from my mom started from this one above - real beauty. What would you do, to bring it to your garden if you would see it in somebody's garden and wouldn't be able to buy it in the shop? That "somebody's garden" was my mom's garden :) Somebody else that wanted the beauty, knocked one day mom's door with the bucket full of different kinds of irises, asking for just a small piece :) This way she became an owner of dozen of kinds not knowing the names, nor the colours :)

I received just small part of them. They grow in my front garden. One of them is this yellow one - flowers are so big, that they need to be staked.
The blue one is one of three I have bought - this one was supposed to be almost black, but it isn't :( in reality the flower is more violet - my camera is lying on it :)


This one is almost white with a little shade of bluish.

................... and this one is very light bluish .............
......... Then we go to the back garden ......


...... where we see the bulb irises, that I do not digg out ..... do you think I shall do it? They grow in the same place since 3 years .......


...... so we go further to the deepest corner in the back of the garden, where I stucked them 3 years ago, at the time when there was no other better place.....

................... this beauty you have already seen ...........

......... don't you think that this is absolute beauty - these dots ...................



................ you can see the rest of them ..................


....... this grey-beige with charming bluish and violet venation ....


.... it looks different depending on the light.... and the brown one with orange inside......



.... last one discovered is lavender one with yellowish-bluish-orange inside colouring ....



Beside this lavender one there is shoud be one more - blue one - that mom says I have got from her, but it didn't flower yet. So I am waiting for you..... the last one.....

How could one resist these beauties?

Click here to learn How To Design, Build, Set Up, Grow And Maintain A High Density Garden To Provide You And Your Family With Fresh, Wholesome And Tasty Vegetables.

Click here to Get Started Learning To Design Floral Arrangements. Tap Into Another Indoor Gardening Niche!

10 comments:

Garden Wise Guy said...

Once again, I'm suffering from species envy! We have a few iris that grow moderately well, but nothing like the wealth you've shown. Thanks for the peek.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You couldn't resist these beauties Ewa. They are just gorgeous. You have a fine collection of them. You could divide the clump you have had for three years but they look beautiful as they are.

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

I love love love the iris it's my favorite flowers and Ewa yours looks so beautiful! I not at all jealous! :(

Victoria Cummings said...

Ewa, your irises are magnificent! I was also gifted by a wonderful collection of irises and each year, we eagerly await their rich colors. Then, as they go, the peonies open - another treat!

Claude said...

Iris are wonderful plants... we have quite a few which grow well in Texas, but they all bloomed a couple of months ago. We're just settling into the heat of summer here, where many plants begin a summer dormancy...

You're iris are wonderful, and plants that you get from relatives are always the best... they come with a history and memories already.

Barbara said...

There is also a little envy when seeing the dark and the light blue iris. They are so beautiful. Lucky you to have a dear mum who is giving you a piece of her iris treasures!!

Unknown said...

Hi Ewa: My internet has been very, very slow the past few weeks--my provider is going to update his equipment in our community sometime very soon--so I've been only getting online for FUN (as opposed to work) occasionally as a result. WEbsites with too many photos on them are loading SO slow for me that I just skip them. But I'm glad I got here--your irises are absolutely glorious and like others, I now have species envy!

Jane O' said...

The first and last photos take my breath away! These are all incredibly breautiful. For som reason, I had put my love of irises aside for daylilies, but this year I have fallen in love with irises all over again. I have room in my heart for both!

Linn said...

Lovely irises! Makes me even more determined to get som more species, right away.

Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful irises, Ewa. I don't know which one I like better, the grey-beige or the brown-red. Oh, and then there's the original blue-and-white beauty, too. You have a wonderful collection!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS