June 5, 2011

Wanted! Two arms and two legs more!



Recently I am a little too busy to spend enough time in the garden, which in this season is not really something I’d love to say. For mysterious reasons grass and weeds grow faster than anything else.
On the top of that I’ve been away from my garden for more than a week - travelling recently. The difference I saw in my garden ‘before and after’ in only a week, is tremendous. In our climate zone everything seems to be so fast during spring, especially when it’s warm and humid like we have it this year.   
I came back last Monday, little sad after taking long goodbye with a large group of about 50 traveling companions.
I entered the garden and had no idea at exactly which point to start. Whether to plant veggie seedlings, get rid of the early spring cleaning remains, which I couldn’t remove before my trip, remove grown weeds or start lawn mowing. I decided to start with veggies then weeding. Sorry lawn, as not my favorite piece of the garden, you have to take care of yourself for some time.    
I wish I could have few little helpers in the garden or at least two arms and two legs more...  maybe this could make me completing faster my home gardening jobs…
At the end I deserve also some rest, so me and my garden have to compromise. As compromise is a concept of finding agreement through communication, through a mutual acceptance of terms—often involving variations from an original goal or desire, I need to communicate… with my garden or with Mother Nature, what do you think? 
Or maybe it’s a compromise between myself and myself?  

PS. Did you notice, each tool on the photo is different.

7 comments:

Millie said...

Ewa, I love the new look here at your beautiful blog! Here in Australia if we want help in the garden we invite all our friends over for a BBQ & beers with the proviso that they need to do an hour's garden work first!
Millie x

Ewa said...

Millie, thats a great idea, in fact it didn't come to my mind...

Donna said...

I know what you mean by trying to get it all done when other things take you away from the garden...I love those tools...I want to actually handle each one and try them out...wonderful...I think I would ave planted the veggie seeds as well...

Single Gal said...

I like the tool that is shaped like a heart.

And compromising with my garden, I have to do every now and then. I don't want to neglect it, I just let nature take it's course for a while, and then get back in the groove of things when time permits.

Jenny said...

I just stumbled across your blog and find your Polish garden very interesting. I want to learn more. What part of Poland are you from, north, south, west? I live in The Netherlands and my husband has a beautiful garden which I love helping cultivate. No vegetables. I'm from Texas.

Ewa said...

Hi Jenny, I am living close to Warsaw, which is exactly middle of Poland :)
I hope to see you here more often...

Victoria Cummings said...

I know what you mean. With all the wonderful compost that we spread, there are more weeds than ever. And never enough time to pull them and plant and water. Maybe we need to invent gardening robots?

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS