July 17, 2011

Flowers today - GBBD July 2011

Today flowers make my garden little more brighter and livelier.

Hydrangea arborescens Annabelle liked my last year very light pruning. I made it in August, when there was time for deadheading. No pruning in the Spring - only emergency removal of frost damages. This is only 1 plant - look how large it grew! Planted 6 years ago.

Heliopsis helianthoides var. scabra.

Lavandula, phlox, perovskia and Lythrum salicaria. This place was mistakenly planted by me at first. You may read about here. I am happy that tall ornamental grass was exchanged with lavender. Scent is better and lower plant looks much better here. Right plant, right place - always looking for best match. You?

Phlox paniculata was supposed to be white...

Do you see perovskia aka russian sage in the front? It was rescued self-seeded plant, growing in the pavement.

Flowering giant hosta Blue Angel (slug resistant). Big, but if giant? We'll see. Planted 2-3 years ago.

The only flower of Hydrangea macrophylla.

Heavenly scented Lillium regale.


Another heavenly scented plant - this time non problematic climber Lonicera periclymenum Serotina.

Pansies are still alive, but their days are counted!

Thanks Carol for hosting Garden Bloggers Bloom Day!
My previous July entries you may see here: 2010 and 2008. Happy gardening! 

5 comments:

Darla said...

Your gardens are beautiful!

Single Gal said...

I can only imagine the fragrance.

Landbohaven said...

Hvor har du mange smukke blomster.
Tak for kigget.

Larry said...

In reference to your Annabelle, I've now planted Incredibelle Spirit hydrangeas next to my Annabelles and the combo is, to my eye, very lovely. Larry

scottweberpdx said...

Just beautiful...the shot wit the pond is especially charming!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS