November 25, 2011

The Freddie Mercury Rose - thank you for remembering

Today is the 20th anniversary of the death of Freddie Mercury - a great tenor, who chose singing rock. Until today I didn’t know that Freddie fans gathered £2,000 for the creation and registration of a new variety named in 1993, two years after his death. Radio bless you for remembering! I regret that I failed to find further information on what type is Freddie Mercury rose - maybe you know something?


Photo courtesy of Lomyx

Photo courtesy of nick_c

Photo courtesy of A Friend Of Queen

But in my search, I found many beautiful photos, including pictures of the beautiful statue standing in Montreux, Switzerland, and an interesting picture of rose pinned to the door of the house, where he lived on 1 Logan Place in Kensington, London. 

The Freddie Mercury Rose is yellow with a pink tint. It was chosen since Freddie’s favorite roses were yellow. 

4 comments:

Mark and Gaz said...

Gone but not forgotten.

I dont know about the rose, but his music will live on for a long time.

Ewa said...

Yeah, here in Poland his music was in the radio entire day yesterday

TrädgårdsPrinsessan - Annika said...

Had not heard about the Freddie Mercury rose before. Love the music!

Have a nice weekend!
Annika

Andy Sparks said...

How about giving me credit for the information you have taken from my website!

The rose on the garden lodge door was put there by me, it was picked from my garden and taken to london as a rememberance to Freddie.

Andy Sparks
www.afriendofqueen.co.uk

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS