March 25, 2009

Winter Wonderland - Beautiful Winter We Have This Spring in Poland

“Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.”
~~ Robert H. Schuller


I got used to winter - these pictures were taken yesterday night from the living room window.
View is nice, temperature is not so bad and finally there is a positive side of late spring: more time to plan vegetable garden! As my garden journal got lost and I can not find it anywhere, I need to stretch my brain little bit, so I can retrieve last year's planting.
Do you think universe will return my garden journal? Or should I start a new one?


What are you doing to put garden notes together?

Last year on 27th of March it was snowing crazy as well - only 2 days later - check here!

12 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are beautiful pictures!

Sue Catmint said...

Hi Ewa, your garden looks so cosy in the snow. I think you are amazingly organized to have a garden journal to lose. I have thought about it for at least 20 years but haven't got round to it - yet.

Tara Dillard said...

Stunning pics Ewa!

My garden notes are always on a simple wall calendar behind the bathroom door.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

My late father-in-law was a fan of Robert Schuller. Great words of wisdom.
I don't have a garden journal-- just some photos from previous years. Sometimes surprises are fun....oh look! what did I plant there?

Anonymous said...

In years past I used a garden journal a lot but the past few years, I've just made notes to myself when inspiration strikes. But I'm not a huge vegetable gardener.

I say start a new journal and hope your other one materializes. This way you don't have to stress out over trying to find it.

The photos are almost surreal. The glow of street light on the snow is beautiful. Reminds me of a Thomas Kincaid painting.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I think your garden journal will find you. Be patient. Lovely pictures of your garden. I have a book I keep my thoughts and records in.

Michelle said...

The snow and the light is so pretty. Are you tired of winter yet?

I started a second (private) blog just to keep my boring garden notes.

Lori Skoog said...

The good news....the snow has to go away eventually!
Interesting light in these photos.

Ingrid said...

Oh, I am also waiting on spring,
but yesterday we have snow, snow, snow.
But your pictures are beautiful and your blog is very interesting.
Ingrid, from the south of Germany

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I have sent a bit of spring to your garden too. Has it arrived yet?

My blog is my garden journal, before that I had only my pics and memories.

myonlyphoto said...

Ewa these are beautiful photos of the winter wonderland. Love your added quote to this post, so true. Anna :)

Victoria Cummings said...

Oh no - not snow! I just was looking at my daffodils poking up and the crocuses. I don't know if my weary soul could take snow right now. I hope you found your gardening journal. I'm sure it will turn up eventually. Maybe this is a sign that you need to start writing something new?

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS