August 12, 2011

What camera? What gardens in Northern France?


I have received an e-mail from Judith asking what camera do I use to take the photos published on Ewa in the Garden. Judith is heading to Normandy and Paris in September and asking for recommendations for gardens worth visiting while there. I decided to answer these questions here, because you might be also curious.
Answering first question, I am using mainly compact small camera Canon PowerShot A570IS. I cannot recommend this Canon for making nice garden photos in too much sunny days, but beside that it takes decent sometimes suprisingly nice photos for this class camera :) You need to find smooth soft light without deep contrasts. Then it will make nice photos. 
Recently sometimes I use  Sony Alpha SLTA33L DSLR - it has many more options, it is much more advanced, different class camera.   

When it comes to gardens in Northern France I can recommend wonderful Sericourt Gardens I’ve visited this year. And you may see some pictures here.

Xoxo! 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Enno and I are going to see Monet's garden in Giverney and staying in Vernon, France in Sept. It is one hour west of Paris. I'm taking my Canon G9 wihch is a great little digital camera.

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS