May 2, 2008

May Hooray! and special visitors at the pond

I moved here 4 years ago and there was literally no garden. Few trees, soil hard like rock and weeds everywhere. Since 4 years I spend my time on creating the garden, instead of watching TV - Robin at Bumblebee made great post about "Why not everyone is a gardener" - if you haven't read it yet, just hop there now.

Last 2 years I feel and see REAL changes around. Even if weeds are not giving up, they seem to become more modest, garden attracts more and more wildlife every year - and this is the best reward I could get.

I was predicting 5 years as the time I will get a feeling of being in The Garden. It took 4 and now I really feel "Ewa in the Garden" is true :)

6 comments:

garden girl said...

Ewa, I would have never guessed your garden is only four years old. You have worked very hard, and it shows. Your garden inspires me every time I visit!

Chrissie said...

Your garden looks wonderful, well done for all your hard work. One duck or two :-) You could have a family :-)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ewa your garden is such a delight. I am so glad we get to visit you there and see all the wildlife.

Gail said...

Ewa, I agree with gardengirl, your garden is an inspiration....I don't think I ever thought about how long it might take to feel 'in the garden'. You've given me some important ideas to mull over.

thank you,

gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Ewa,

Your garden is very nice for only 4 years! You've really done a lot of work on it.

You've put a lot of work into your blog, and it looks nice too!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

It only took you 4 years, that's wonderful Ewa. I never would have guessed that there was nothing there when you started as it all looks so good. Yes, it truly is Ewa in the garden, her _own_ garden. :-)

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS