June 12, 2008

Love hurts

Today I have for you little poetry, although it is not GB Muse Day.....
Love hurts, love scars,
Love wounds, and marks,
Any heart, not tough,
Or strong, enough
To take a lot of pain,
Take a lot of pain
Love is like a cloud
Holds a lot of rain
Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts...

"Love Hurts" is the name of a song performed by Nazareth (Scottish rock band), written and composed by Boudleaux Bryant, American country music songwriter.



Some lyrics, music and ice-cream box.... what do I have in mind? Love is fine in general - I am OK with it :) but sometimes it might be disturbing to others. This is what happened. My garden pond was filled with love last week and it was so loud, that I couldn't sleep. Froggies had no mercy on other guys around, that express their love in more silent way.

It was funny to hear and watch them during the day, when the huge baloons on both sides of the head was filling with air and sound.

When night was starting, they didn't want to stop. At certain moments in the day it was becoming little too loud, when magpies were coming while following cats and screaming on them. From my observation, dear professor, we can draw a conclusion that frogs like magpies. They like to sing together.

After my first night, that I couldn't sleep because of frogs, I was determined to move them somewhere else, but I couldn't catch them. On the second night I slept OK, being tired from previous one. My husband after getting up, hardly opened his eyes, walking half-consciuous to bathroom, said first: "Yes, frogs have to go".... He caught them without any problems (stronger hunting instinct? I don't know).

This ice-cream box was their train to better place.

Doesn't it look fresh and inviting? This is a lake 1-2 km away from me, 10000 time bigger than my pond.... with a lot other frogs.... and maturing ducks - you can see on the bottom of the picture ..............


After I have opened the box, they looked around for a while.....


..... and jumped out very fast.... one after another...............


This picture above is taken in my pond, where I spotted a frogspawn.... so young ones will come one day.... right?

Do you think I shall remove it?

11 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

If you don't want frogs you might as well fill your pond. I would think having some frogs sing to you is a small price to pay for having a pond. Maybe you should change your thinking. Let them serenade you to sleep rather than awaken you. Like some people like to hear the ocean waves crashing onto the beach, or a fast moving creek wash by...

Ewa said...

Lisa,
I love frogs and I am very happy they are here, but those male ones are really noisy - if pond is few meters away from bedroom window, it is difficult to cope...
Greetings,

Minerva said...

Lol. Ewa, if ordinary Polish garden frogs keep you sleepless, you would not be able to sleep in a rainforest at all. Not only are coquis (singing tree frogs) a lot more noisy, plentiful and persistent, they cant be relocated. Add to it all the other night noises of the jungle and you get the picture.

Philip Bewley said...

I have heard that about frogs as regards to the noise. I think they are charming however. Ihave always loved them. My father and aunt tell of a little beach cottage they used to spend their summers at. I was quite rustic, but the bathtub had a little frog which would come during bathtime. they thought of it as a friend.Your pond and garden look lovely, Ewa.I enjoyed looking at your wonderful site.
Regards,
Philip

Anonymous said...

Ewa: I love the sound of frogs but not as much as the peepers in early spring. I would miss the frog sounds but they can be loud.

Clayton said...

Your garden is so welcoming, frogs or no frogs. Where we live in the country, they sing in the multitude choir and we can only listen. In 2003 and 2004 there were almost no frogs in the ponds and prairie sloughs around us. It was very quiet! The drought had killed many of them along with very little snow to make their blanket. A friend who was studying Biology brought us a pail full when the rain finally came in the fall of 2004!

Viooltje said...

I'm sure they will love it in their new 'big' pond. Looks pretty, On second thought, maybe you should move your bedroom ... LOL. I would love to have some in my pond, if I ever build a bigger one, I'll remember to place it somewhere in the back yard, away from the house. I couldn't sleep for the last few days with all the people going crazy over Euro '08, from babies to old men. I'd trade those for frogs anytime ;-)

Cheers,
Violet!

Strawberry Lane said...

What a beautiful lake you have nearby. Lovely scene.

About the frogspawn ... please do keep it.

Carol Soules said...

I love frogs but some are really noisy!! At my old house the frogs would eventually, all on their own, find their way to a nearby pond as they would outgrow my little water garden pond (or it would get too warm and not have enough food supply for them). Not frogs have yet found my in-town water garden, tho plenty of other wildlife have.
Remember a few months ago when I asked for advice on a fence? Well we have been building a custom fence for our front garden, Stop by and see. It should all come together in the next 2 weeks as the local Garden Tour is coming through then!
Carol
terranovadesign.blogspot.com

Ewa said...

Minerva,
I was surprised, that frogs could cause difficulties in sleeping. Noises in the jungle? - I would get heart attack! I like nature, but I am trained in survival :)

Philip,
Your story is so sweet... real cottage with Nature inside :)

Layanee,
They sound unbelievable loud at night. If the windows were closed it was OK, but temperature was so nice... hard to keep them closed...

Clayton,
Nice to see you again :) If they are away and singing in choirs, it is soo delightful, and it can be really missed, when they are gone. In the place where I was born, there are on the meadows about 800 m km away places with thousands of frogs - there is just an orgy of croaking in June - from that distance it sounds like beautiful lullaby...

viooltje,
you are very creative I must admit :) moving bedroom? If that would be possible, that would be my solution, so I could keep all froggies...

Strawberry Lane,
Yes, I will keep it. I hope that fish will not eat all of it...

Cabs,
I believe they will come one day. Mine appeared after 2 years :) I will have a look at your blog...

Barbara said...

There was a smile on my face when reading this nice frog story! I'm sure there will be other frogs in your pond in due time...;-) !!

KEEP READING - MORE GREAT STUFF IN OLDER POSTS